Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Education
The Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Education is an online program providing advanced instruction in leadership, health policy and systems, and contemporary issues in athletic training education.
The purpose of the program is to prepare practicing athletic trainers and athletic training educators to debate and apply contemporary knowledge and skills in athletic training leadership and education.
Length of Program
The Certificate program consists of 4 courses that could be completed over a year.
Distance programs’ tuition is due the first day of class. For programs with payment per credit or course, the tuition covers the payment for the coming semester. Delinquent tuition penalties accrue at 1.5% per month, which is 18% per year. For more information on Student Account Collection, please reference ATSU Policy #50-112 within the Financial Policies section of this catalog.
||Student Technology Fee
|$604 per credit hour
||$32 per credit hour
Students interested in the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Education, may use the online application available at https://www.atsu.edu/athletic-training-leadership-and-education-graduate-certificate#application. Applicants can still call 480-219-6000 to be connected with a specific program for more information.
Written requests for applications should be sent to: Arizona School of Health Sciences, Attention: Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Education, 5850 E. Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206.
Please contact Admissions at 877.469.2878 or by email at email@example.com for more information regarding the application deadlines for the Certificate program.
Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Leadership and Education must meet the following requirements prior to matriculation.
- Applicants are required to meet all ATSU and ATSU-ASHS general admission requirements.
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in their athletic training professional program or a minimum overall graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Candidates accepted for admission to the program will have earned a bachelor’s or higher degree prior to enrollment from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must provide official transcripts from the institution attended where their highest degree was conferred.
- Applicants to the Certificate program must demonstrate Board of Certification (BOC) certification as an athletic trainer.
- Candidates must submit an application form.
- All students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English when applying to the Arizona School of Health Sciences, A.T Still University. See the ASHS English Proficiency section for more details.
- Candidates are expected to be computer literate and experienced in word processing. All curricula require extensive computer usage. Accepted applicants are required to have a personal computer prior to matriculation and have access to a high-speed Internet connection.
a. See the Minimum Technology Specifications under the General Admission Requirements section.
To earn a graduate Certificate in Leadership and Education, all students must:
- Complete with a passing grade (“C” or better) all prescribed courses and clinical rotations
Leadership and Education Certificate Program Outcome
Debate and apply contemporary knowledge and skills in athletic training leadership and education.
- Examine the role and influence of athletic trainers on health policy and healthcare delivery systems.
- Critically examine and apply the characteristics of leadership in athletic training within the context of becoming an advanced practice leader.
- Analyze and debate contemporary issues in athletic training education.
- Examine and apply best practices in clinical education and mentoring of athletic training students, young professionals, residents and fellows.