Certificate in Clinical Decision Making Program
The Graduate Certificate in Clinical Decision-Making in Athletic Training is an online program providing advanced instruction in evidence-based practice, clinical outcomes assessments, clinical informatics and technology, and epidemiology.
The purpose of the program is to prepare practicing athletic trainers and athletic training educators with the clinical practice and educational competencies in clinical decision-making skills that will enhance the quality and effectiveness of patient care.
Length of Program
The Certificate program consists of 4 courses that could be completed over a semester’s time.
Distance programs’ tuition is due the first day of class. For programs with payment per credit or course, the tuition covers the payment for the coming semester. Delinquent tuition penalties accrue at 1.5% per month, which is 18% per year. Tuition is $553.00 per credit hour.
Students interested in the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Decision-Making in Athletic Training program, may use the online application available at http://www.atsu.edu/ashs/programs/athletic_training/index.htm. Applicants can still call 480-219-6000 to be connected with a specific program for more information.
Written requests for applications should be sent to: Arizona School of Health Sciences, Attention: Graduate Certificate in Clinical Decision-Making in Athletic Training, 5850 E. Still Circle, Mesa, AZ 85206.
Please contact Admissions at 877.469.2878 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information regarding the application deadlines for the Certificate program.
Applicants for admission to the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Decision-Making in Athletic Training program must meet the following requirements prior to matriculation.
- Applicants are required to meet all ATSU and ATSU-ASHS general admission requirements
- Candidates must have achieved a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) in their athletic training professional program or a minimum overall graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Candidates accepted for admission to the program will have earned a bachelor’s or higher degree prior to enrollment from a regionally accredited institution.
- Applicants must provide official transcripts from all educational institutions attended where a degree was conferred.
- Applicants to the Certificate program must demonstrate Board of Certification (BOC) certification as an athletic trainer.
- Candidates must submit an application form.
- All students are required to demonstrate proficiency in English when applying to the Arizona School of Health Sciences, A.T Still University. See the ATSU-ASHS English Proficiency section for more details.
- Candidates are expected to be computer literate and experienced in word processing. All curricula require extensive computer usage. Accepted applicants are required to have a personal computer prior to matriculation and have access to a high-speed Internet connection.
- See the Minimum Technology Specifications under the General Admission Requirements section.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Decision-Making in Athletic Training program, students will be able to:
- Practice and/or teach athletic training in a manner that integrates clinical experience, patient values, and the best available evidence
- Employ and/or teach clinician-based and patient-based clinical outcome measures to determine the effectiveness of athletic training services
- Use and/or teach healthcare informatics and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision-making in athletic training practice
- Implement quality improvement initiatives into athletic training practice